The manner of publications and the requirements for materials
1. The editorial board accepts materials (manuscripts of scientific articles in Russian or English and accompanying documents (see point 4), which contain the results of the author's(s) scientific activity.
2. The journal does not publish previously published results of the scientific activity of the author(s).
3. Manuscripts submitted for publication must be completed works, but they can be ongoing (divided into parts and having conclusions in parts).
4. Materials are submitted in electronic form (rar/zip archive) in the following package:
File 1 – scientific article manuscript in MS Word (.doc) format. If the manuscript contains drawings, you must attach them in their original formats.
File 2 – information about authors in Russian and English in MS Word format.
File 3 – expert and identification opinions on the possibility of publishing the manuscript in the public domain, certified by the place of study or work. Authors working at the St. Petersburg State University of Telecommunications named after Prof. M. A. Bonch-Bruevich provide the original version to the editorial office. Authors from other organizations provide a scan in a jpg file, 300 dpi, in color. Authors should provide for written consent to publication from individuals or organizations that commissioned certain studies, the direct or indirect results of which are planned for publication in the journal.
File 4 (for graduate students) – review of the supervisor, the signature of the supervisor is certified at the place of his work in scanned form. The review should contain: the relevance of the results under consideration; the scientific novelty of the proposed solutions; a critical review of the article (including comments and suggestions for their elimination); determination of the possibility of publishing the article in the journal, signature and date, certification of the signature.
5. After receiving the materials (clause 4) in full, the author is sent a license agreement on the transfer of non-exclusive rights to use the work for conclusion. The editorial board reserves the right to select manuscripts for the journal and request additional documents.
6. Manuscripts and media are not returned to authors, and no fee is paid.
7. All manuscripts are subject to external peer review. If there is a positive review, the decision on publication is made by the editorial board. In conflict situations, the decision is made by the editor-in-chief.
8. If there is a positive review with a recommendation to finalize the manuscript (eliminate comments), the manuscript is returned to the author for revision.
Main topics of journal
The journal accepts only those papers that meet the main topics:
1. Mathematical modeling, numerical methods and software packages (1.2.2).
2. Electronic component base of micro-and nanoelectronics, quantum devices (2.2.2).
3. Radio engineering, including television systems and devices (2.2.13).
4. Antennas, microwave devices and their technologies (2.2.14).
5. Telecommunication systems, networks and devices (2.2.15).
6. System analysis, information management and processing, statistics (2.3.1).
7. Automation and control of technological processes and production facilities (2.3.3).
8. Methods and systems of information protection, information security (2.3.6).
The requirements for papers submitted to the editorial board
Formal requirements to the paper is not is debatable and vague. The article can be accepted for publication only if rigid and strict observance of the authors of all editorial requirements to the paper, without exception.
General requirements to the paper (download example).
1. The paper should be submitted in the format of Word – DOC file.
2. Recommended volume of the paper up to 50 pages. In some cases, the volume can be increased if it is required by the logic of paper. The publication of larger articles should be agreed with the editorial board in a separate order, as well as prepare a message to the reviewer explaining the reasons why it is impossible to fit the article material into the recommended volume.
3. Page size - A4. All margins (top, bottom, right and left) - 2 cm.
4. The font of the text of the article – Times New Roman. Font size - 14 pt. Line spacing – 1. Indentation – 1.25 cm, Margins between paragraphs – off. The highlight text – an italic font. Latin letters – an italic font. Greek letters – a Roman font. Numerical indexes in the notation – a Roman font.
5. The article should begin with the index UDC which is aligned with the left edge of the page. After the UDC is to skip a line.
6. The paper title must accurately and clearly describe the content of the paper. Title of the paper is executed in a bold font, center alignment of the page without indentation. The title should be write in lowercase (small) letters, using capital letters only where necessary (at the beginning of the first word, names, proper nouns, abbreviations, etc.). It is not recommended to use the abbreviations, except generally accepted in the relevant subject area. The dot after the title NOT assigned. After the title of the article should be pass line.
7. The names of authors are separated by commas in a sequence that fit the personal contribution to the writing of the article. The names of the authors centered on the page with no indentation. Between the surname and between initials put a non-breaking space (Ctrl+Shift+space). After the names of authors is to skip a line.
8. Abstract is performed in Russian and English. The abstract font is 11 pt, italic, indent - 1.25 cm. Headings of the abstract - boldface font. After the abstract is to skip a line.
9. Key words are exactly as abstract and must contain the main concepts and terms used in the paper. After the paragraph with key words is to skip a line.
10. In the article, it is recommended that the main text is divided in parts, with conventional headings "Introduction", "Statement of the problem" ("Formalization of the task"), "Model..." ("Method...", "Method..."), "Results of modeling" ("Rationale..."), "Conclusions". Headers are bold font and centered on the page with no indentation. Before headings is to skip a line. The intervals before and after are 6pt each.
11. Tables centered on the page with no indentation. The text inside tables is the font from 10 pt to 14 pt, depending on the amount of text in the table cells. Tables are numbered in order of mention, and their names are recorded in the form "Table 1 – table title" and align the center of the page without indentation.
12. The pictures and figures of the paper are embedded as objects of vector graphics in format of MS Visio (VSD) or Windows metafile formats (WMF or EMF). If figures cannot be represented in vector formats, the figures are in bitmap formats JPG or PNG. The figures consecutive numbering as mentioned in the paper in the form "Fig. 1. The title of the figure". The number and title of figure, centered on the page with no indentation. Before figure and after its title is to skip a line.
13. The formulas typed in MathType or Microsoft Equation 3.0. Formulas can be typed in the main text way the insert special mathematical symbols via the menu "insert-symbol". Prohibited to recruit formulas in the built-in editor of formulas Microsoft Office 2007 and above. The main font of formulas typed in Microsoft Equation 3.0 is 12 or 14. Formulas left-aligned with paragraph indent of 2.5 cm. If you need to insert formula from two strings, you use the mathematical notation of the transfer formula. Is the text there are links to the formulas, these formulas should be numbered. The formula number is stamped on the right side of the page. In the formulas, do not insert an extra blank line before and after formulas.
14. Formula numbers, figure numbers, references and the formula links in the main text of the article need to highlight in yellow for easier editing of the paper.
15. At the end of the paper may be stated expression of gratitude for assistance in research, information about grants in which the work was performed, as well as information on sources of research funding. Also at the end of the paper can be submitted applications, which contained listings of programs, various volume charts and graphs, and other elements which are an integral part of the study but clutter the main text of the paper.
16. The list of used sources is made in accordance with the requirements of references in the journal after the title "References" which is performed in bold font, aligned to center of the page without indentation. The numbering of references is determined by the order they are mentioned in the paper. In the formation of the list of references you should not use the function of automatic generation of a numbered list. After list of references is to skip a line.
17. After the list of references indicate the date of the first submission of the paper in editorial board. This paragraph appears in bold font, alignment on the right edge of the page.
18. In the end, you enter information about the authors. The information for each author must contain: the last name, first name and patronymic, scientific degree, scientific title, position and full name of the organization, telephone and e-mail.
19. The article ends with a text block that duplicates the title of the article, the names and initials of the authors, the abstract of the article and keywords in English. The elements of this block are designed in the same way as the corresponding elements in Russian at the beginning of the article.
Requirements to a file which contain information about the authors. All the information given for each author separately (an example of a file with information about authors).
1. Surname, Name, Patronymic. (in Russian and English languages)
2. Scientific degree and academic title (if any). (in Russian and English languages)
3. Place of work with indication of country and city.(in Russian and English languages)
4. Position.(in Russian and English languages)
5. Fields of scientific interest.(in Russian and English languages)
6. E-mail. Please specify an existing and valid e-mail address for each author.
7. Postal address for contacts with the authors. This address can be specified one for all authors.
8. Phone for communication.
This information should enable the editorial board quickly to contact with the authors of the papers. If this contact is impossible, it may lead to a delay in the publication of the paper. The editorial board strongly recommends that all correspondence conduct via email.